Ohio State senior left tackle Jamarco Jones warms up prior to the Buckeyes’ 38-7 win versus Army on Sept. 16 at Ohio Stadium. Credit: Colin Hass-Hill | Sports Editor

Former Ohio State left tackle Jamarco Jones was selected in the fifth round with the No. 168 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks.

Jones started 27 consecutive games during his junior and senior seasons. He was recognized as a First-team All-Big Ten member last season, and second-team in 2016. Jones played in 50 games, including the 2014 national championship win against Oregon, in his four seasons as a Buckeye.

Jones helped Ohio State rank 17th in the country with 243.2 rushing yards per game, while also earning the eighth-most yards per rush at 5.78 yards per carry.

Ohio State also gave up the ninth-fewest tackles for loss per game during last season (4.14).

Jones did not fare well at the NFL combine. The 6-foot-5, 310-pound lineman finished with the third-slowest 40-yard dash (5.50 seconds) among offensive lineman, and the second-slowest 20-yard shuttle (4.99 seconds).

Seattle gave up 43 sacks, the 11th most in the NFL, even with one of the more elusive quarterbacks in the league, Russell Wilson, under center.

Jones and the Seahawks open up the 2018 season on Sept. 9 against the Denver Broncos.