OSU then-freshman pitcher Ryan Feltner (26) throws a pitch during a game against Ohio on March 29 in Athens, Ohio. Credit: Courtesy of OSU

After failing to make it out of the Greenville regional in their second NCAA tournament appearance in the last two seasons, three former Ohio State players were selected in the 2018 MLB Draft.

Right-handed pitcher Ryan Feltner was selected with the No. 126 overall pick in the fourth round of the draft by the Colorado Rockies. He is the fourth player in school history to be selected by Colorado in the MLB Draft, with the most recent being former Ohio State first baseman Jacob Bosiokovic going to the Rockies in the 19th round of the 2016 draft.

In his final season with the Buckeyes, Feltner recorded a 4.52 ERA and a career-low .276 opposing batting average in 17 appearances, including 16 starts. He also struck out 86 batters with 44 walks over a career-high 91.2 innings pitched.

Listed as the No. 3 Big Ten prospect by Baseball America in the preseason, the Hudson, Ohio, native was previously drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 25th round of the 2015 draft after being named the Ohio Gatorade State Player of the Year in his final season at Walsh Jesuit.

Along with Feltner, the Colorado Rockies selected catcher Jacob Barnwell with the No. 666 pick in the 22nd round of the draft. In his junior season, the 5-foot-11 catcher had a .261 batting average, hitting 11 extra-base hits, including two home runs, and driving in a career-high 27 RBI for the Buckeyes.

Left-handed pitcher Connor Curlis was selected with the No. 709 overall pick in the 24th round of the draft by the Cincinnati Reds. He is third player in Ohio State history to be selected by the Reds, with the most recent being second baseman Drew Anderson being selected in the 13th round of the 2004 draft.

In 17 appearances for the Buckeyes last season, including 16 starts, the junior left-hander posted a 3.55 ERA and a .264 opponents’ batting average, striking out 77 and walking 31 in 88.2 innings pitched.

Along with Feltner, Barnwell and Curlis, catcher Keegan Fish, a member of the Buckeyes’ 2018-19 recruiting class, was selected in the 13th round of the draft by the Miami Marlins. He was a second-team All-Ohio selection during his senior season at Lakota West High School in West Chester, Ohio.