Ohio State freshman safety Marcus Hooker has been charged with a DUI along with several other charges in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, as first reported by The New Castle News.

According to court documents, Hooker has been charged with driving under the influence, disregard for traffic lanes, careless driving, no rear lights and purchase of alcohol by a minor in Neshannock Township. He is awaiting a preliminary hearing with a preliminary arraignment scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on July 5.

An Ohio State spokesperson said the university did not have a statement at the time of publication, but said the team was aware of the situation.

The New Castle, Pennsylvania, native is the younger brother of former Ohio State safety and current Indianapolis Colts safety Malik Hooker. Marcus Hooker was regarded as the No. 642 prospect in the 2018 class, No. 60 at cornerback and the 20th best player in the state of Pennsylvania according to the 247Sports composite rankings. He was expected to make the transition to safety.

Though Hooker was not expected to begin the season as the other starting safety alongside junior Jordan Fuller, head coach Urban Meyer said on March 26 that Hooker was competing for the spot.