Home » Campus » Advocacy Groups call for federal investigation into Ohio State

Advocacy Groups call for federal investigation into Ohio State

Richard Strauss in his Ohio State College of Medicine photograph. Advocacy groups are now calling for a federal investigation of Ohio State for how it handled alleged sexual abuse by Strauss.. Credit: Courtesy of Ohio State

Advocacy groups on Wednesday called for a federal investigation into Ohio State’s handling of alleged sexual abuse by former university doctor Richard Strauss.

The call for an investigation came in a letter from the National Women’s Law Center and 36 other organizations, such as the NAACP and National Alliance to End Sexual Violence, addressed to Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos and Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Kenneth Marcus.

“We write to urge the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR) to initiate an investigation of Ohio State University’s failure to respond to a widely known pattern of alleged sexual abuse, spanning approximately two decades, by Richard Strauss, an athletic team doctor, and to conduct a systemic-wide investigation into the University’s response to sexual abuse,” the letter said.

The letter also pointed out a university’s responsibilities to its students under Title IX.

“Many student survivors are not aware of their rights under Title IX and how to seek help; many employees would rather look the other way than to acknowledge and deal with the abuse; and many institutions fail to take the steps necessary to ensure student safety,” the letter said.

Ben Johnson, Ohio State University spokesman, issued the following statement in response to the letter.

“It is critical to note that the concerns expressed by these groups in this letter relate to allegations of abuse during a period of time from 1978 to 1998, and the university of today shares the concern that individuals at the time knew and may not have responded appropriately, which is why this is a critical focus of the ongoing independent investigation,” the statement said. “We are committed to finding the truth of what happened during that time at Ohio State.”

1. This is another witch hunt, just like the Marching Band affair. The rogue CIA wants anyone with national and international prominence, like Urban Meyer, Jim Jordan and Jon Waters, who has a national platform (that they don’t control) out of the way. Look what is happening folks.

The rogue CIA overlords running Ohio State and Battelle Memorial Institute (Wadsworth, Drake, Kasich) are conspiring with Silicon Valley (Amazon, Facebook and Google) to make Ohio State data networking center the global hub for fake news and fake academics (M.O.O.C. = Massive Open Online Course).

All this stuff that the Lantern and Dispatch are spewing is their fake news propaganda. Don’t fall for it.

• Linda, Adjust your foil hat and get back on your meds! Wow!

• Spoken like a true astroturfing troll. Throw out the classic memes: meds, tin foil, and fail to address the subject you are paid to obscure. Show me one point I have made that is not true. Ohio State and Battelle are CIA? Well known if you can read. Amazon, Facebook and Google are building data centers in secret here in Columbus. Also well know if you read and see the 24×7 security drones overhead in Northwest Columbus / Dublin. Ask about the nondisclosure agreements that even the construction workers have to sign to work there. Kasich paid IBM for new computers at the Super Computer Center. Read state press releases. The tin foil appears to over your eyes, ears and brain MACATTACK. I feels sorry for you and will pray for you.

• “Former Ohio State wrestler backs off claim Jim Jordan knew of sex abuse.”

Mark Coleman’s egg-faced retraction last evening (August 9, 2018):

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Coleman was quoted as saying in the statement. “I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.”

So toller MACATTACK: My prayers for you are working. Your attempt to demean me just blew up in your face. They call that the “Trump Effect.” Get over it.

• The idea of a Deep State is nothing new. The liberals, when they were not simply obstructing and denying and sabotaging, could not stop talking about the military-industrial complex. The idea of a shadow state is not a new idea, and the liberals only show their ignorance by refusing to discuss something they have been discussing for 60 years at least.

2. This is not as stupid as the firing of Tressel for some stupid tattoos.

3. Richard Orberson

Many of the universities today are controlled by the extreme left governmenst. This is their way of teaching the people to be government groupies. Makes it much easier to control them if their brain washed early.

4. Women and men are equal. A woman can do anything a man can do. WHY should this woman need for men to protect her from an abusive husband since she is capable of protecting herself since men and women are the same?

5. Ohio voters voted for a traitor, liar, and abuser of women for President. The nation is in serious trouble.

• No. We did not let Bill Clinton back into the White House. We voted against a traitor, a liar, and an abuser of women.

6. Can we not show this picture four times a week in the Lantern. I’m triggered by this creepy douchebag.

7. I am opposed to using my tax money to pay for an investigation involving a man who has been dead and gone for years. If advocacy groups want an investigation, they can pay for it.