Ohio State sophomore defensive lineman Nick Bosa (97) prepares for a Trojan offensive play in the third quarter of the 2017 Cotton Bowl against University of Southern California on Dec. 29 in AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX. Ohio State won 24-7. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Managing Editor of Design

The preseason honors continued to come in for Ohio State junior defensive end Nick Bosa Tuesday.

After being named as an All-American by both Sports Illustrated and CBS Sports, the 2017 Big Ten Smith-Brown Defensive Lineman of the Year was named to the first-team Associated Press preseason All-American list.

Last season, the 6-foot-4, 263-pound defensive end led Ohio State in tackles-for-loss (16) and sacks (8), finishing second in the Big Ten in both of those respective categories.

With those numbers, Bosa was named as a first-team All-American from the American Football Coaches Association and was a part of the All-Big Ten conference team.

Bosa is the only player from Ohio State’s roster to be named as an All-American by the AP. Junior cornerback Damon Arnette was named to the second-team All-American team by Sports Illustrated while both sophomore running back J.K. Dobbins and junior guard Michael Jordan were named as second-team All-Americans by the Sporting News.

Ohio State, as a team, was named as the No. 5 team in the nation in the preseason AP Top 25 poll released Monday.

Ohio State opens the season on Sept. 1 against Oregon State.