Home » Campus » Former wrestlers reportedly pressured by coach to support Jim Jordan

Former wrestlers reportedly pressured by coach to support Jim Jordan

Richard Strauss in his Ohio State College of Medicine photograph. Credit: Courtesy of Ohio State

Former Ohio State wrestlers were pressured by their former head coach Russ Hellickson to make statements clearing Rep. Jim Jordan of any guilt relating to allegations against Richard Strauss, a report by NBC News said.

Jordan, who is in the midst of a bid to be the next Speaker of the House, was the assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State from 1987-1995. He has come under fire for allegedly knowing about abuse by Strauss and saying nothing.

According to the wrestlers and texts they showed NBC News, Hellickson asked them to make a statement clearing Jordan of wrongdoing a day after they publicly accused him of knowing about it. NBC News’ report also said the wrestlers say it was made clear to them by Hellickson that he was under pressure from Jordan to convince the wrestlers to clear Jordan’s name.

“I’m sorry you got caught up in the media train,” Hellickson wrote in a text to a former wrestler that was shared with NBC News. “If you think the story got told wrong about Jim, you could probably write a statement for release that tells your story and corrects what you feel bad about. I can put you in contact with someone who would release it.”

In response to the report Jordan’s spokesman, Ian Fury, released a statement saying they encourage the truth.

“Seven coaches have said exactly what the Congressman said. Many wrestlers have echoed those comments and support for the Congressman,” the statement said. “Why are they all saying the same thing? Because it’s the truth. Of course we encouraged folks to speak the truth.”

1. A NBC News report said. Former Ohio wrestler has been pressured by their former head coach Russ Hellickson
    run 3

2. The way Ohio voters are liars, sex fiends and degenerates appear to be something positive.

3. “Former Ohio State wrestler backs off claim Jim Jordan knew of sex abuse.”

Mark Coleman’s egg-faced retraction last evening (August 9, 2018):

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Coleman was quoted as saying in the statement. “I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.”

Trollers who simply post snarky memes to demean people with whom they disagreed has the opposite effect. It just shows their ignorance and flies back at them ten fold. It’s called the “Trump Effect.”

Isn’t it curious that Ohio State was quick to publish the defamation of Jim Jordan’s character, but are slow as molasses to inform the readers that Coleman has formally RETRACTED his accusation. So much for journalistic integrity. We pray Ohio State’s journalism students can see through this ultra-left bias.

4. Hello guys some people are found the location of the my computer windows 10 computers when we are not found the location to get a chance to found the new website then we are help to this website.