After coming off of a cancelled home-opening match against Duquesne last Sunday, Ohio State regained momentum after its win over No. 5 Florida by gaining an 8-0 victory against Morehead State.

Ohio State (2-2) tied for the third-most goals in one single game in school history.

Freshmen forward Emaly Vatne scored three of the eight goals in Thursday night’s win, recording the 15th hat trick in Ohio State history, scoring in the 41st, 68th and 73rd minutes against Morehead State.

Vatne said she is most proud of her team’s professionalism on the field tonight.

“We approached this game with a really good attitude,” Vatne said. “We didn’t let up in one moment of the game, so I think that’s something we should really be proud of.”

In the 22nd minute, freshmen defender/midfielder Talani Barnett notched a goal from eight yards inside the right post, giving Ohio State the early lead.

A minute later, freshmen forward Kayla Fischer found success by scoring a goal in the first half, recording her third goal of the year.

Junior midfielder Alyssa Baumbick also picked up two goals, resulting in her first pair of goals of the season.  

In the 57th minute, sophomore forward Marissa Birzon, crossed over from the left wing to tally Ohio State’s fifth goal of the night.    

Vatne said, as a group, Ohio State really found a rhythm and were able to capitalize on the moments when they got the opportunity to play.

Head coach Lori Walker-Hock spoke about the importance of gaining confidence looking ahead to conference play in a couple of weeks.

Walker-Hock also said the best part of this kind of a game is being able to get a lot of people on the field and gaining some experience.

“That’s where a game like this really benefits us is getting that experience for some of our young players and clearly our young players connected pretty good tonight,” Walker-Hock said.

The Buckeyes will resume action this Sunday as they take on Notre Dame at 1 p.m at Alumni Stadium.