Ohio State freshman forward Lexxe Lipsey battles for possession during the second half of the Buckeyes’ 7-0 win against Illinois at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium on Sept. 14. Credit: Colin Hass-Hill | Sports Editor

The Ohio State women’s soccer team will host Morehead State at 7 p.m. Thursday, then will travel to Indiana to take on Notre Dame at 1 p.m. on Sunday.

Ohio State is coming off a win against Florida and a canceled home-opening match against the Duquesne Dukes because of weather, leaving the Buckeyes’ overall record 1-2-0 on the year.

Leading the team to a 1-0 victory against No. 5 Florida, freshman forward Kayla Fischer was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week, as well as co-freshman of the week.

Fischer is the first Ohio State player to be named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week since Sammy Edwards in Oct. 2017.

Fischer shares her first freshman of the week honor with Northwestern goalkeeper Mackenzie Wood.

Last week, Fischer scored Ohio State’s first goal of the season against the Gators, becoming the first freshman since Lisa Collison in 2005 to score the first goal of the season for the Buckeyes.

Morehead State is coming off three consecutive losses falling to Pittsburgh, Kentucky and Ball State, resulting in a 1-3 overall record.

After winning the first three games of the season and falling to Butler in its most recent match, Notre Dame will play Ohio State at Alumni Stadium on Sept. 2. Last season, the Buckeyes defeated the Leprechauns 2-1, winning in a double-overtime showdown in Columbus.