Home » Sports » Football » Football: Ohio State moves up to No. 4 in latest AP Poll

Football: Ohio State moves up to No. 4 in latest AP Poll

The Buckeyes line up to sing “Carmen Ohio” after winning the game against Oregon State on Sept. 1. Ohio State won 77-31. Credit: Amal Saeed | Assistant Photo Editor

After opening the season with a 77-31 win over Oregon State, Ohio State was ranked as the No. 4 team in the country in Week 2 of the AP Poll. The Buckeyes failed to earn a first place vote.

Ohio State started the season as the No. 5 team in the preseason AP Poll and was one of five teams from the Big Ten that were ranked.

The Buckeyes switch spots with Wisconsin, who dropped to No. 5. No. 13 Penn State, No. 15 Michigan State and No. 21 Michigan each stayed in the Top 25.

Ohio State was ranked at No. 4 in Week 2 of the Amway Coaches Poll after beginning the season as the No. 3 team in the country. With one first place vote, the Buckeyes are the highest ranked team in the Big Ten, with Wisconsin coming in at No. 6 and Penn State being ranked at No. 10.

Ohio State’s first ranked matchup of the season will be against No. 16 TCU on Sept. 15 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX.

No. 4 Ohio State will open its conference schedule on Saturday at Ohio Stadium against Rutgers at 3:30 p.m.

The AP Poll: Week 2

1. Alabama (48)

2. Clemson (12)

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. Wisconsin (1)

6. Oklahoma

7. Auburn

8. Notre Dame

9. Washington

10. Stanford

11. LSU

12. Virginia Tech

13. Penn State

14. West Virginia

15. Michigan State

16. TCU

17. USC

18. Mississippi State

19. UCF

20. Boise State

21. Michigan

22. Miami

23. Oregon

24. South Carolina

25. Florida