Ohio State acting head coach Ryan Day paces the sidelines in the in the third quarter of the game against TCU on Sept. 15. Ohio State won 40-28. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

Ohio State offensive coordinator Ryan Day’s tenure as acting head coach has come to an end, but for the three games served at the helm, he added $487,000 to his base salary, according to a letter obtained by The Lantern.

The additional payment will be added to his Sept. 30 paycheck, according to the letter signed by athletic director Gene Smith. According to two other letters obtained by The Lantern, head coach Urban Meyer will be docked two separate payments of $285,253.84 from September and October and Smith will lose $60,711.16 from his September salary for their suspensions.

Meyer was officially suspended on Aug. 25 after learning of the terms on Aug. 22. He was suspended until Sept. 2, and for the first three games of the season. Smith was suspended until last Sunday.

According to Day’s contract, he is paid a base salary of $810,000 before any bonuses. Meyer’s contract shows the head coach would make $7.6 million before any bonuses or the reduction in pay.

All assistant coaches at Ohio State receive various bonuses for different milestones reached during the year. If the team wins the Big Ten East division, a bonus of 8.5 percent is added to each contract. A Big Ten championship game win adds 4.25 percent to that. Should the Buckeyes reach a College Football Playoff postseason game, a 17 percent bonus is added to the base salary. A loss in a CFP semi-final appearance would add a 21.25 percent bonus to the base salary, while a win would be a 25.5 percent addition. If Ohio State makes a non-CFP bowl game and only wins nine games, a 4.25 percent incentive would be added to the contract.

With the new contracts signed by all the coaches, Ohio State could potentially have five assistant coaches make more than $1 million in 2018, with Day, offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson, defensive coordinator Greg Schiano, co-defensive coordinator Alex Grinch and defensive line coach Larry Johnson all within reach of the milestone.

Given his promotion to interim wide receivers coach, Brian Hartline will make a $109,463 base salary in 2018.

All assistant coaches are given monthly vehicle stipends of $600.

Read the full letters about the updated pay regarding the suspensions here: Ryan Day, Urban Meyer, Gene Smith.

Read the full contracts here: Urban Meyer, Ryan Day, Greg Schiano, Kevin Wilson, Alex Grinch, Taver Johnson, Larry Johnson, Tony Alford, Mickey Marotti, Bill Davis, Greg Studrawa, Brian Hartline.