Home » Sports » Women’s Soccer: Ohio State falls 4-0 to No. 21 Penn State in Big Ten opener

Women’s Soccer: Ohio State falls 4-0 to No. 21 Penn State in Big Ten opener

Ohio State senior goalkeeper Devon Kerr (1) prepares to take a goal kick in the second half of the game against Florida Gulf Coast University on Sept. 7. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

The Ohio State women’s soccer team took a 4-0 loss to No. 21 Penn State in University Park, marking back-to-back losses for the Buckeyes after falling 1-0 to Florida Gulf Coast last Friday.

With the loss, the Buckeyes fall to 3-4-0 overall this season.

The first goal for Penn State came from freshman forward Kim Dubs in the 32nd minute, putting the Nittany Lions in the early lead after a 8-yard shot off the left post.

Eight minutes later, Penn State senior midfielder Charlotte Williams added another goal from eight yards, making the score 2-0 for the Nittany Lions.

Sophomore midfielder/forward Frankie Tagliaferri marked an additional goal with just over five minutes to go in the first half, upping Penn State’s score to 3-0 just before halftime.

Finishing from six yards, sophomore defender/midfielder/forward Kerry Abello tallied one more goal for the Nittany Lions, increasing their final score to 4-0.  

In this matchup, Ohio State totaled four shots and four saves, holding a 6-4 edge in corner kicks over Penn State. Meanwhile, the Nittany Lions recorded 12 shots and three saves.

After coming off of a 1-2 loss at home against Virginia, the Nittany Lions clinched the victory against the Buckeyes at Jeffrey Field, improving their overall record to 5-3-0 on the year.  

The Buckeyes will stay on the road to face off against their next opponent Illinois on Thursday at 8 p.m.

One comment

1. Hey, If you are looking for one of the best solution to Play free mahjong dark dimensions online games so here it is one of the best platform where you will be able to find out these games in the best quality at different amazing levels.