Ohio State freshman midfielder Talani Barnett (4) scores a goal off a header in the second half of the game against Iowa on Sept. 27. Ohio State won 2-0. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

The Ohio State women’s soccer team (6-4, 3-1 Big Ten) extended its three-game winning streak Thursday, prevailing 2-0 over Iowa (5-5-2, 1-3-1 Big Ten) at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

Senior goalkeeper Devon Kerr continued her scoreless streak, recording four saves against the Hawkeyes for the fifth shutout of the season. In the past three games, she has recorded 16 saves, bringing her total to 42 saves in nine games this season.

Ohio State has not won a game without a Kerr clean sheet.

Freshmen defender/midfielder Talani Barnett notched the Buckeyes first goal of the night on a header off a corner kick with the assist by sophomore defender Izzy Rodriguez

Rodriguez was not done. She scored the second and final goal of the match on a penalty kick late in the match.

“I think our performance was pretty good,” Rodriguez said. “We took advantage of the moments we had and were just going to have to get better for Sunday.”

The Buckeyes came off a victorious weekend prior to the match, taking down Illinois and No. 21 Northwestern with two consecutive shutouts.

After three consecutive wins, head coach Lori Walker-Hock said she is glad that the team gets to play at home this weekend.

“We’ve been on the road so much that there’s a great energy about the team,” Walker-Hock said. “I thought they came out with the right energy, we really pinned Iowa in, got to the end line a ton of times and created a bunch of corners, so we figured out a way to win.”

Ohio State was also able to hold a 4-2 advantage over the Hawkeyes in corner kicks in the first half.

The Buckeyes return to Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium to play Nebraska on Sunday at 2:30 p.m.