The Ohio State women’s volleyball team celebrates after defeating No. 4 Penn State in four sets on Sept. 23. Credit: Miranda Lipton | Lantern Reporter

Following their upset against No. 4 Penn State on Sunday, Ohio State does not have much time to prepare for their next match. The Buckeyes will face two Big Ten opponents this week with Indiana at home on Wednesday, then travelling to College Park for a road game against Maryland on Sunday.

Head coach Geoff Carlston is focused on keeping the team strong, allowing them to relish their victory while also keeping their focus heading into the rest of the season.

“We just have to stay healthy,” Carlston said. “That’s the biggest thing — sort of managing our swing so we’re in the best position to win.”

The team matches up against both of their opponents fairly evenly. The Buckeyes stand at 10-4 and 1-1 in the Big Ten, while the Hoosiers are 10-3 and 1-1 and Maryland is at 10-4 and 1-1.

Redshirt sophomore middle blocker Jordan Fry said the sharp increase in talent and competition in the Big Ten brings on a new dynamic in their season.

“The Big Ten has been crazy,” Fry said. “The first couple of games, I was nervous, but I know I can play well against anyone. As long as I have my teammates behind me I know we can all play well against anyone.”

In the 2018 season, the Buckeyes have had 688 kills, 1817 total attacks, 261 errors and 74 service aces.

Freshman outside hitter Mia Grunze leads the Buckeyes with 153 kills and freshman opposite hitter Vanja Bukilic leads with 2.94 kills per set.

Averaging 13.35 kills per set, Indiana has recorded 2.77 blocks per set and has 67 total aces through  13 games played.

Indiana redshirt junior outside hitter Kendall Beerman leads the Hoosiers with 161 kills and 3.43 kills per set.

Maryland sophomore outside hitter Erika Pritchard has been solid all season for the Terrapins, averaging 4.22 kills per set.

The Buckeyes will face Indiana at home on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at St. John Arena before heading to College Park, Maryland to face the Terrapins at 7 p.m.