The Ohio State women’s volleyball team fell to No. 6 Wisconsin in its Big Ten season opener in straight sets on Wednesday at the UW Field House. The Buckeyes lost its first game of the season in three sets, after winning five games in straight sets in non-conference play.

The Buckeyes now hold a 9-4 season record, after recording its first loss in Big Ten play. The Badgers stand at 8-1.

Freshman outside hitter Mia Grunze led the team with 10 points. Junior middle blocker Madison Smeathers and redshirt sophomore middle blocker Jordan Fry contributed eight points each.

The scored tied six times early during the first match. The Buckeyes kept the score close throughout the beginning and middle of the match, but lost their grip to end the set 25-19.

The Buckeyes fell short on their attack percentage, with an average of 52 percent for the three sets, compared to the Badgers with 75 percent.

The second set followed a similar pattern with a close beginning and middle, and loss of momentum toward the end. They finished the set with a 25-17 loss.

Wisconsin maintained a steady lead throughout the entirety of the third set to end it on a 25-15 decision, ending the match.

Ohio State returns to Columbus to host No. 4 Penn State on Sunday, Sept. 23 at 1 p.m.