After leaving Ohio State’s win over TCU on Sept. 15, junior defensive end Nick Bosa has been sidelined with a core muscle injury with no timetable for return.

In Monday’s press conference, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer said Bosa will be getting reevaluated this week in Philadelphia, but could not really say whether or not the defensive end would return to the field this season.

“I am hoping,” Meyer said.

Bosa has been seen at Ohio State practices and on the sideline during games, but only in street clothes.

Meyer also said junior linebacker Malik Harrison and junior defensive end Jonathon Cooper are back with the team this week after being sidelined for the Minnesota game after being placed in concussion protocol.

Redshirt junior defensive lineman Robert Landers was deemed probable while Meyer called redshirt junior cornerback Damon Arnette questionable for Saturday’s game against Purdue.

In special teams, Meyer said redshirt senior kicker Sean Nuernberger suffered a strained groin prior to the start of the game against Minnesota. Sophomore kicker Blake Haubeil started in Nuernberger’s place and hit three field goals, being named by the coaching staff as the special teams player of the week.

Meyer also said sophomore left tackle Thayer Munford is “sore,” but probable heading into Saturday.

Meyer praises Justin Hilliard

With the injury to Harrison, redshirt junior linebacker Justin Hilliard had the opportunity to play significantly more on defense than he usually does.

Meyer said he was happy to see a player like Hilliard get the opportunity to play.

“He’s one of my favorite players, favorite families,” Meyer said. “He’s a guy that means so much to us on the kicking game. He played pretty good. Not great, but pretty good.”

Hilliard recorded five tackles, including two solo tackles, against Minnesota on Saturday, with two broken up passes in the middle.

With the biceps injuries Hilliard faced, Meyer compared his journey to former Ohio State cornerback Marshon Lattimore, who started his collegiate career sidelined due to injury. Meyer said the redshirt junior linebacker still has a ways to go, but has shown growth.

“You never give up on a player,” Meyer said. “Keep working with him.”

Meyer prepares to defend Rondale Moore

Over the first six games of the season, Purdue has put together one of the more dynamic offenses in the Big Ten, recording the No. 4 scoring offense in the conference, averaging 33.5 points per game and beng one of two offenses in the Big Ten to average over 500 yards per game, the other being Ohio State.

Much of that success has been helped by the emergence of Purdue freshman wide receiver Rondale Moore. In six games, Moore has become on of the core dynamic playmakers in the conference, recording 100-yard performances and a touchdown in four of the six games.

Even though Meyer has not studied Purdue at length yet, he said Moore does bring something to the table.

“Just explosive player,” Meyer said. “I studied him in the return game. And he’s a guy you have to be careful with in the return game. He’s a dynamic player.”