Ohio State players celebrate junior forward Devyn Etling’s (9) goal during the first half of the Ohio State-Rutgers game on Sep. 30. Ohio State lost 3-2. Credit: Cody Mefferd | For the Lantern

The Ohio State men’s soccer team (1-12-2, 0-5-1 Big Ten) went on the road at Maryland (6-5-3, 3-3 Big Ten) and lost 5-0.

The Terrapins scored once before the half before blowing it open over the final 20 minutes of the match.

Senior midfielder Amar Sejdic scored back-to-back goals in the second half to put the game on ice for Maryland. Sejdic buried two impressive shots into the bottom right corner, dribbling around the Ohio State defense on both occasions.

The Terrapins opened the scoring in the 20th minute when senior forward Sebastian Elney took a pass just outside of the box, dribbled to his left and rifled a shot along the ground which Ohio State redshirt junior goalkeeper Parker Siegfried caught a piece of, but could not keep out of net.

Overall, the night saw a dominant offensive performance from Maryland, as they outshot the Buckeyes 10-0 in the opening half.

Junior defender Donovan Pines and junior midfielder Mike Heitzmann added the other two insurance goals for the Terps as they claimed their sixth win of the season.

The Buckeyes are back in action on Wednesday when they host No. 2 Indiana, who come in winners of its last four, and 13 of its last 14 matches. Wednesday’s match will be the final home match of the 2018-19 regular season for Ohio State.