Home » Campus » President Drake offers condolences, announces vigil for Pittsburgh shootings

President Drake offers condolences, announces vigil for Pittsburgh shootings

President Drake released a statement Monday addressing the Pittsburgh synagogue shootings that happened on Saturday. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

University President Michael Drake released a statement Monday expressing his condolences to the families and friends of those who died Saturday in the Pittsburgh synagogue shootings.

Along with offering his sympathies, Drake stated there will be a vigil hosted by Ohio State University Hillel — located at 46 E. 16th Ave. — at 6 p.m. Tuesday.

“This kind of hate and violence must not be tolerated — here at Ohio State, on our nation’s campuses or anywhere in our country,” Drake said in the statement. “At times such as these, and they have become far too common, we must recommit ourselves to the values we hold dear. These include compassion, tolerance and a fundamental dedication to inclusive excellence that uplifts our society.”

On Saturday, a gunman entered the Tree of Life synagogue in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, killing 11 people and injuring six others.

One comment

1. Hey Friends! This is really a good and quality information that you have to read with full concentration if you are using windows 10 OS windows internet explorer 10 with this you will know about internet explorer web browser.