Thursday, Oct. 18

Nightmares Film Festival, 7 p.m. at Gateway Film Center, 1550 N. High St. The horror film festival returns to Gateway this weekend for its third year in Columbus. NFF sets itself apart from other genre festivals by showcasing the rarest, scariest and most unsettling films in the horror filmmaking community. Tickets for the weekend can be purchased on its website for $12 single screenings, $99 festival passes and $149 VIP All Access Passes.

Minus the Bear, 7 p.m. at Newport Music Hall, 1722 N. High St. The Seattle-based indie rock band will be in Columbus for its “Farewell” tour. Longtime fans of the band can expect to hear songs such as “Into the Mirror” and “Pachuca Sunrise.” The band will be joined by opening act Caspian. Tickets begin at $27 via Ticketmaster.

Friday, Oct. 19

Boo at the Zoo, 5 p.m. at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 4850 Powell Rd. The annual “merry-not-scary” Halloween tradition returns to Columbus this weekend. This family-friendly event will feature trick-or-treat stations, animal shows, monster mazes, popular superheroes and much more. Most attractions are included with paid admission and are free to Columbus Zoo members. Children aged 13 and under are encouraged to wear costumes.

Phil Collins, 8 p.m. at Nationwide Arena, 200 W. Nationwide Blvd. The renowned English-based singer and songwriter will be in Columbus this weekend for the latest stop on his “Not Dead Yet” world tour. Fans can expect to hear songs such as “In the Air Tonight” and “Another Day in Paradise.” Tickets begin at $93 plus fees via Ticketmaster.

Saturday, Oct. 20

Wish You Were Here: The Sight and Sound of Pink Floyd, 7 p.m. at Newport Music Hall, 1722 N. High St. “Wish You Were Here” will be celebrating its 23rd anniversary as one of the most popular Pink Floyd tribute acts, capturing the mood, emotions and intensity of a Pink Floyd theatrical concert experience. The show will authentically recreate the music from the band’s career, performing crowd favorites that all rock fans will recognize. Tickets begin at $15 plus fees via Ticketmaster.

Party Favor, 9 p.m. at Trism, 1636 N. High St. The popular EDM DJ and producer will perform songs such as “Bap U,” “Wiggle Wop” and many other remixes. Tickets begin at $15 plus fees via Eventbrite and is for ages 21 and up.

Sunday, Oct. 21

19th Annual Pet Parade and Fall Festival, noon at Easton Town Center, 160 Easton Town Center. Festival goers will celebrate Halloween by dressing their pets in the best costumes to compete for awards such as “Most Creative,” “Scariest” and “Cutest.” Registration and admission is free for all.

The Columbus Marathon, 7:30 a.m. at North Bank Park, intersection of Neil Avenue and Long Street. The annual marathon and half-marathon return to Columbus this weekend, where thousands of runners will race to raise money for Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Registration begins at $135 via their website.