Ohio State senior goalkeeper Devon Kerr (1) prepares to take a goal kick in the second half of the game against Florida Gulf Coast University on Sept. 7. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

The Ohio State women’s soccer team (7-5-2, 4-2-2 Big Ten) drew a 0-0 tie with No. 21 Rutgers (9-1-5, 5-1-3 Big Ten) this Friday evening on alumni weekend at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

With neither team able to score in the first 45 minutes of the game, the score was tied 0-0 at the end of regulation. Rutgers finished the day with 20 total shots, but with only two shots on goal.

Freshman forward Kayla Fischer, senior forward Eleanor Gabriel and senior midfielder Sarah Roberts combined for six of Ohio State’s eight total shots, with Fischer and Roberts each recording a shot on goal.

Then, the Buckeyes and the Scarlet Knights went into overtime, but couldn’t find either opponents net.

Rutgers freshman goalie Megan McClelland and Ohio State senior goalie Devon Kerr both ended the match with two saves and a pair of clean sheets.

Last weekend, the Buckeyes fell 1-0 to the Wolverines in Ann Arbor, but then won 1-0 in a match against the Spartans.

The Buckeyes will look to come out on top against Maryland this Sunday at 2 p.m. when they return to Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.