Ohio State’s Board of Trustees Finance Committee approved raising football ticket prices in seasons to come. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

Ohio State will host prominent Big Ten matchups including Michigan State, Wisconsin and Penn State during the 2019 season. The Buckeyes have also scheduled future non-conference home games against Oregon (2021), Notre Dame (2022), Washington (2025) and Texas (2026).

Beginning in the 2019 season, people will have to start paying more for these tickets.

The Ohio State Athletic Council recommended and the Board of Trustees Finance Committee approved Thursday that tickets for the general public would range from $60-$198 for regular reserved seating depending on the particular matchup. The full Board will have to approve the action on Friday.

Faculty ticket prices will also be increased to $659 from $601 this season. Box/club seats will also increase from $789 in 2018 to $851 for the upcoming 2019 season.

The student ticket cost will not change for the 2019 season and is expected to remain the same through the 2020 season, according to Board materials.

Michael Papadakis, the interim senior vice president and CFO of the Ohio State Office of Business and Finance said the increased ticket prices will go back to the similar prices from the 2017 season.

“This season, the schedule was not as attractive as it was last year and it is not as attractive as it will be next year,” athletic director Gene Smith said.

Papadakis said season ticket owners will have a 15 percent discount from the initial price while Ohio State faculty and staff will have a 20 percent discount on tickets. He also said the majority of the ticket revenue goes to athletic scholarships, also noting Ohio State is one of 24 self-sustaining athletic programs in the country.

Reserved tickets for Ohio State’s game against Florida Atlantic on Aug. 31 will be $60 and reserved tickets for Ohio State’s game against Penn State on Nov. 23 will cost $198.