Freshman quarterback Justin Fields sits at the Ohio State men’s basketball game between the Buckeyes and Michigan State on Jan. 5 following his transfer to Ohio State from Georgia. Credit: Nick Hudak | For The Lantern

Without ever playing a snap for Ohio State, and being with the program for fewer than two weeks, Justin Fields already has high expectations.

Fields, the freshman quarterback transfer from Georgia, has been given 10-1 odds of winning the 2019 Heisman Trophy, according to the betting site, Bovada.

Those odds tied him at No. 3 with former teammate, Georgia sophomore quarterback Jake Fromm, and behind Clemson freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence and Alabama sophomore quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, who stand at 2-1 and 4-1 odds, respectively.

Another website, BetOnline, has Fields tied for No. 4 in the odds with Clemson sophomore running back Travis Etienne, again behind Lawrence and Tagovailoa. He also trails junior quarterback Jalen Hurts, who is expected to transfer from Alabama instead of sitting behind Tagovailoa for another season.

Hurts has 9-1 odds at the Heisman according to BetOnline, which also had Hurts’ odds of landing at in-conference opponent Maryland at the highest at 1-2.

Ohio State sophomore running back J.K. Dobbins was a co-favorite to win the Heisman at 6-1 when Bovada updated its rankings before the 2018 season on Jan. 30. Redshirt sophomore quarterback Dwayne Haskins, who ended up finishing No. 3 in Heisman voting, was given 35-1 odds on Jan. 30, 2018.

Fields was a five-star prospect out of high school and the second-highest rated quarterback in the history of 247Sports Composite Rankings, trailing only Lawrence.

At Georgia, Fields completed 27-of-39 passes for 328 yards and four touchdowns in limited playing time through 12 games. He also rushed for 266 yards and four touchdowns on 42 carries while backing up Fromm.

Redshirt freshman quarterback Tate Martell entered his name in the transfer portal, who removed “Ohio State” out of his Twitter bio and took visits to West Virginia and Miami. If Martell were to leave, Fields is expected to be the starting quarterback for the Buckeyes in 2019.

Fields is still awaiting confirmation that he will be eligible to play next season due to transfer rules requiring players to sit out a year between schools.