Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer salutes the crowd after the Rose Bowl Game featuring Ohio State and Washington. Ohio State won 28-23. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

With Urban Meyer stepping down as head coach and moving into a new position as assistant athletic director, his new position comes with a decrease in pay.

Meyer will make $100,000 in his new role with the program, according to Ohio State spokesman Ben Johnson.

As head coach, Meyer was supposed to make $8 million in 2019 before retiring and giving the reins to then-offensive coordinator Ryan Day.

The university also said Meyer’s official title is “Assistant AD, Athletics Initiatives and Relations,” and that Meyer is “responsible for fundraising and community relations initiatives and is committed to excellence and advancing Department of Athletics through its strategic plan.”

Meyer will “serve as an ambassador through numerous speaking engagements, service events, donor events, corporate events and engagements,” and his position “will work collaboratively with department administrators to assist in the areas of recruiting, academics, SA personal development programs and game day events.”

After coaching at Ohio State for seven seasons, Meyer officially retired from head coaching on Jan. 2 following the Buckeyes’ 28-23 win against Washington in the Rose Bowl.