No. 1 Myles Martin of Ohio State controlling the top position on Mason Manville of Penn State in the 184-pound bout of the Ohio State-Penn State dual. Martin won the bout by major decision, 18-6. Ohio State lost the dual against Penn State 28-9. Credit: Sal Marandino | For The Lantern

Ohio State senior Joey McKenna was narrowly defeated by defending national champion first-ranked Cornell sophomore Yianni Diakomihalis, improving his record to 20-0 by a score of 7-5.

Even without the help of McKenna, the No. 6 Ohio State wrestling team (12-2, 7-2 Big Ten) defeated No. 9 Cornell (13-3, 5-0 EWIA) 25-9 on Friday..

Ohio State senior Myles Martin, the No. 1 wrestler in the country at 184 pounds, remained undefeated and won by decision 13-6 against Cornell sixth-ranked sophomore Max Dean.

Martin has defeated three top-10 foes in a row.

Ohio State redshirt senior Micah Jordan, No. 3 in the country at 149 pounds, won in dominating fashion by technical fall 23-8 over Cornell senior Will Koll.

Jordan set the tone for the Buckeyes in the first match of the duel with five bonus points, giving the Buckeyes a 5-0 lead.

Cornell junior Chas Tucker, the No. 11 wrestler in the country at 133 pounds, defeated Ohio State sixth-ranked junior Luke Pletcher in a low scoring match by decision 2-1.

Ohio State redshirt junior Kollin Moore, the No. 2 wrestler in the country at 197 pounds, defeated Cornell eighth-ranked senior Ben Honis, by major decision 14-4.

Redshirt freshman Ethan Smith, No. 17 wrestler in the country at 174 pounds, pulled off the upset by decision 5-4, over Cornell 14th-ranked junior Brandon Womack.

Cornell true freshman Vito Arujau, the No. 8 wrestler in the country, improved his freshman record to 22-1, defeating Ohio State freshman Malik Heinselman by decision 6-0.

Ohio State redshirt freshman Chase Singletary, the No. 11 wrestler in the country at heavyweight, improving his record to 18-5.

Singletary defeated 18th-ranked Cornell senior Jeramy Sweany by a close decision 6-5. Singletary has beat two ranked foes in a row heading into the postseason.

Ohio State redshirt junior Ke-Shawn Hayes, the No. 8 wrestler in the country, is back in form with a victory by major decision 14-5 over Cornell junior Adam Santoro.

Cornell true freshman Andrew Berreyesa, was defeated by decision 8-2 by Ohio State senior Te-Shan Campbell.

No. 6 Ohio State will prepare for the Big Ten tournament on March 9 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.