Ohio State then-freshman midfielder Jackson Reid looks for an open shooting lane against Michigan on April 13, 2018. Ohio State won 8-5. Credit: Edward Sutelan | Editor-in-Chief

After losing to Marquette a season ago, Ohio State was able to come out with a win, remaining undefeated after five weeks of play.

The No. 9 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team (5-0) team defeated Marquette (2-2) 13-9 in Dallas.  Ohio State sophomore midfield Jackson Reid led the team with five goals while junior attack Tre LeClaire added three on six shots for the Buckeyes.

Three different Marquette players scored two goals apiece: redshirt senior attack Andrew Romagnoli, redshirt senior midfield Tanner Thomson, and junior midfield Connor McClelland.

The Golden Eagles opened up scoring with a goal from Romagnoli. LeClaire found a goal before the end of the quarter with an assist from freshman attack Jack Myers to end the quarter tied at 1.

The second quarter opened with back-to-back goals in the first 16 seconds for the Buckeyes, with goals coming from Reid and junior midfield Ryan Terefenko. Reid finished the quarter with a hat-trick while Terefenko and Romagnoli would get their second goals of the game. Marquette freshman attack Holden Patterson would also add a goal to make it 6-3 in favor of Ohio State at the half.

Despite allowing three goals in the third quarter, Ohio State maintained at least a two-goal lead for the entirety of the second half.

After being removed from the game in the third quarter after an injury, Ohio State senior midfield Jack Jasinski returned into the game in the fourth quarter in a big way, providing a goal and two more assists to give him four points for the game.

The Buckeyes looked more like their second-quarter form, outscoring the Golden Eagles 5-3 to end the game 13-9 and keep the Buckeyes undefeated.

Redshirt sophomore midfield Justin Inacio won 18-of-25 faceoffs. Senior defensemen and captain Matt Borges also picked up four ground balls to provide more help on the ground.

No. 9 Ohio State will travel to New York on March 9 to take on Hofstra.