The Yellow Brick Pizza hosts Pizza and Beer week deals from Apr. 22nd to the 27th. Photo Credit: Ambar Javier

Borgata Pizza Café, Mikey’s Late Night Slice, Short North Food Hall and 47 other restaurants and breweries are involved in Columbus’ first Pizza and Beer Week hosted by 614 Magazine.

From April 22 to April 27, restaurants are offering pizza deals of either $6, $8 or $10 in honor of the week, along with their own beer deals as well.

“To be quite honest, pizza is one of my most favorite things so that is why we have launched our first annual Pizza and Beer week,” Lindsay Press, vice president of sales and marketing for 614 Media Group, said.

614 Magazine has been a monthly issue in Columbus for 10 years and is well known for its Restaurant and Beer and Burger weeks. This year it decided to add two classics to its list weeks that local pizza spots are excited about.

“It is a great way to try places you’ve been meaning to try and kind of visit old favorites,” Press said.

The 50 restaurants involved are spread throughout the city from Polaris, Easton, the Short North, Hilliard and almost every other neighborhood.

Bob Silver, co-owner of the Yellow Brick Pizza located on King Avenue, said he was excited to involve the restaurant in this new, weeklong event.

“We wanted to be a part of the fun and part of the comradery amongst pizza and craft beer spots,” he said. “We want to be recognized as a heavy hitter.”

Faith Pierce, Co-owner of the Yellow Brick Pizza, said she is happy with the turnout of business so far and believes this week was meant for their restaurant. “We are pizza and beer — and we do it well in my opinion,” she said.

Yellow Brick Pizza is offering $10 select pizzas and $5 Columbus Brewing Company drafts until midnight Friday night.

614 Magazine has also created a giveaway located on their website in which contestants can enter their email address to enter for a chance to win free pizza for a year.

Each entry into the giveaway is worth a 25 cent donation of up to $3,000 worth to the Mid-Ohio Foodbank, which provides more than 140,000 meals each day to the hungry in Eastern and Central Ohio.

The website 614now.com, 614 Magazine’s online component, contains a guide of restaurants, their deals, and their menu options for the week.