Ohio State redshirt junior running back Mike Weber (5) poses after running the ball in the second half of the game against Michigan on Nov. 24. Ohio State won 62-39. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

The Dallas Cowboys selected former Ohio State running back Mike Weber with the No. 218 overall pick in the seventh round of the 2019 NFL Draft.

Weber forewent his final year of eligibility for the Buckeyes after two straight seasons splitting carries with Ohio State junior running back J.K. Dobbins.

This past season Weber ran for 954 yards, No. 2 on the team, and five touchdowns, adding another 112 yards and one touchdown through the air.

Given the difficult task of replacing Ezekiel Elliott, who is now his teammate on the Cowboys, in the Ohio State rushing game as a freshman in 2016, Weber put up 1,096 yards on the ground to become just the third Ohio State freshman running back to post 1,000 or more yards.

His impressive freshman campaign earned Weber Big Ten Freshman of the Year and second-Team All-Big Ten distinctions, though it would be his lone year as Ohio State’s featured back.

Weber defied the notion that he was slow at the NFL Combine, posting the fifth-best 40-yard dash time among running backs at 4.47 seconds.

Though a hamstring injury threatened his 2017 season, Weber still managed to rush for a team-leading 10 touchdowns on 6.2 yards per carry.

The Detroit native ran for a touchdown in each of his three victorious matchups against Michigan over his Ohio State tenure.