Ohio State senior pitcher Morgan Ray (6) delivers a pitch during Ohio State’s game against Indiana on March 24 at Buckeye Field. The Buckeyes won 2-0. Credit: Gretchen Rudolph | For The Lantern

The Ohio State softball team will close its four-game homestand with a matchup against in-state rival Ohio just three days after winning the series finale against Michigan, snapping the Wolverines’ 17-game win streak.

The Buckeyes (25-14, 9-5 Big Ten) hope to take that momentum into the matchup against an Ohio (28-16, 9-6 Big Ten) team that is coming off a three-game sweep of Akron.

Ohio beat the Zips in dominant fashion, outscoring Akron 31-10, including a 13-5 victory in the second part of a doubleheader to finish off the sweep.

Sophomore infielder Katie Yun recorded three runs and six RBI for Ohio in the second game of the series against Akron and has been a bright spot for the Bobcats all season. Yun has played in all 44 games for Ohio, recording a team-leading .416 batting average, with 13 home runs and 34 RBI overall this season, both good for No. 2 on the team.

Senior utility player Morgan Geno has been the other major contributor for the Bobcats on the offensive end. Her 17 home runs and 57 RBI lead the team, while her .378 average trails only Yun.

The duo’s 30 combined home runs are only eight shy of the amount put over the wall by Ohio State this season. The Bobcats have 62 home runs as a team so far this season.

Even past Yun and Geno, Ohio is a strong offensive team, hitting a combined .307, while the Buckeyes have a .287 average on the year.

Ohio State holds an advantage in pitching, combining for a 2.13 ERA so far this year.

Ohio State senior pitcher Morgan Ray achieved a season-high 10 strikeouts in the series finale against Michigan. Ray now sits with a 2.13 ERA and a 10-6 record through 124.2 innings pitched.

Comparatively, Ohio’s sophomore pitcher Madi McCrady holds a 18-10 record and a 3.43 ERA this season in a team-high 31 appearances this season.

The Bobcats have a 3.51 team ERA, with no pitcher holding an ERA under 3 this season.

A season ago, the Buckeyes fell to Ohio 7-0 at home after the first two games in the series were postponed. Senior infielder MacKenzie Brunswick contributed three runs for Ohio in the victory. She has a .234 batting average this year and has 15 RBI.

Ohio State will take on Ohio at Buckeye Field 6 p.m. Tuesday.