13-acre Columbus Park of Roses has more than 12,000 roses and more than 400 varieties to see from. Credit: Amal Saeed | Photo Editor

The stress and commitment that comes with college can put a strain on many students, especially those involved in a romantic relationship — or those trying to start one. While focusing on school, it can be difficult for couples to set aside and enjoy time with each other. Luckily, Columbus is full of opportunities for discovering new and exciting activities couples can do together.

The Escape Room USA

What better way to get to know your date than being locked in a room together? The Escape Room USA pairs visitors and presents them with the challenge of escaping a locked room in one hour. The Escape Room USA offers seven rooms with different themes and difficulties to choose from, and it’s rated the No. 1 escape room in Columbus, according to its website. This is a perfect way to work alongside your date in an exciting environment while also showing off some of your creative thinking skills. The Escape Room USA is located on 459 N. High St., Suite 2. Tickets cost $29 per person.

The Book Loft of German Village

The Book Loft of German Village is more than just an average bookstore. Not only does The Book Loft have 32 different rooms to explore, it also has a rich history. Located at 631 S. 3rd St., The Book Loft is a combination of three pre-Civil War era buildings, according to its website and stretches the length of the block. Along with heavily discounted books, the shop sells posters, board games, music, jigsaw puzzles, greeting cards and merchandise such as book-themed shirts and socks. Outside of The Book Loft visitors can enjoy the store’s brick courtyard full of flowers and benches to relax and chat together. The Book Loft is open Monday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

South Drive-in Theater

Have you ever wanted to watch a new movie with your date while staying in the comfort of your car? Luckily, the South Drive-in Theater is less than 20 minutes from campus. Located at 3050 S. High St., South Drive-in Theater has two screens to choose from, each showing different back-to-back movies. The theater is closed during the winter, and the exact date the theater opens for the season varies each year, according to its website. Tickets cost $9.50 for ages 12 and up on Fridays, Saturdays and holiday eves and $7.50 on Sunday through Thursday.

The Promenade

Though simple, watching the sunset with your crush is a great way to connect during a date. Columbus has many spots to offer when looking to watch the sunset, but watching it over the Scioto River is especially beautiful. The Scioto Mile features a number of parks and pathways in addition to beautiful architecture. The Promenade is part of the Scioto Mile and sits on the east bank of the Scioto River, connecting Bicentennial Park and Battelle Riverfront Park. Within the Promenade is a stone colonnade with bench swings where you and your date can sway back and forth carelessly as the sun goes down. The Promenade also includes tables made for playing card games or chess, park benches, tables and gardens. The Promenade is located at 233 S. Civic Center Drive.

Columbus Park of Roses

Take the time to stop and smell the roses with your date at the Columbus Park of Roses. Located at 3901 N. High St., the 13-acre Columbus Park of Roses has more than 12,000 roses and more than 400 varieties, according to its website. The park includes the Formal Rose Garden, Heritage Rose Garden, Backyard Garden, Herb Garden and Perennial Garden. The park has paved pathways with benches throughout, making it possible for visitors to rest while still enjoying the beautiful view. The Columbus Park of Roses is open year-round from dusk to dawn and is free to the public.