The full Board of Trustees will meet Friday in Wooster. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Managing Editor for Multimedia

The full Ohio State Board of Trustees will convene Friday for its August meeting in the Secrest Welcome and Education Center at Ohio State’s Wooster campus. 

The Board will review a resolution in memory of former University President Edward Jennings, the construction of a new lacrosse stadium, a joint-use agreement with the Heath-Newark-Licking County Port Authority, the construction of an office building between 15th and 16th avenues and an amendment to the Board’s bylaws. 

If passed, the resolution will express sympathy to the family of Jennings, the 10th president of Ohio State, on behalf of the university community, according to the meeting materials. Jennings served as president from 1981 to 2000, and then taught finance in the Fisher College of Business until his retirement in 2002. 

Jennings died Aug. 10 at the age of 82. 

Also on the agenda is an approval for a new $20 million lacrosse stadium. If approved, the stadium will be built east of the Covelli Center and will be completed in January 2022, according to the Finance Committee meeting agenda. 

The university is looking to enter into a joint-use agreement with the Port Authority after receiving $250,000 through the 2019 State Capital bill allotting the money to the university for the Port Authority’s use. It will be used to renovate the Mass Lab facility in Heath, Ohio, to support student programs, according to the meeting materials. 

The Board will also review a long-term lease and purchase option between 15th and 16th avenues for a five-story office building as part of the 15th+HIGH development project. The building would house the Offices of Advancement, Human Resources, Legal Affairs, Administration and Planning, and Business and Finance, according to the meeting materials. 

An amendment to the bylaws of the Board is also on the agenda, in which the Talent and Compensation Committee will become the Talent, Compensation and Governance Committee. 

The full Board of Trustees meets Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Secrest Welcome and Education Center.