Preparation for the Wexner Center for the Arts’ fall exhibition will be celebrated at “DEMO: Bringing Down the House,” a 21 and older event with music, drinks, food and special performances Friday.

“It’ll be loud with a lot of energy,” DJ Krate Digga, a DJ with 20 years of professional experience who will be performing at the event, said. “I’m just going to have a good time. I’m going to bring a lot of up-beat, up-tempo kind of energetic music in a party-DJ kind of context.”

With a demolition theme, the party will celebrate sending off the current exhibitions housed at the Wexner Center composed by Barbara Hammer, Cecilia Vicuña and Jason Moran. While the music keeps flowing, guests will be entertained with “sights and sounds of demolitions” as well as visual displays in order to create an all-encompassing experience, DJ Krate Digga said.

“Expect to have a really immersive experience,” Michelle Sipes, a master of fine arts student in dance, said. Along with four current and former dance students, Sipes has created a two-hour dance performance for the event. 

With live dance performances, bands and DJs throughout the gallery, DEMO will have a little bit of everything in order for attendees to commemorate the transition to the fall exhibition.

In addition to these energetic options, there will also be designated gallery space in which attendees can drink and hang out in a conversation-fostering environment, Sipes said. The lounge will allow for networking opportunities, the chance to meet new people and a space to discuss the perfomances of the evening.

“DEMO provides just a great opportunity for people to see a wide range of artists here in Columbus making, performing, all in the same place in such a unique way from live music to film work to dance,” Sipes said.

While members of the Wexner Center may purchase tickets at the door for $5, the general public can expect to pay $10. Current Ohio State students can sign up for a membership online ahead of time. For more information on the event or to become a member visit wexarts.org.