Location: Bloomington, Indiana

2018 record: 5-7

Head coach: Tom Allen (fourth year, 13-16)

2019 record so far: 3-1

Record against Ohio State since 2010: 0-10

What happened so far in 2019:

Coming off back-to-back 5-7 seasons under head coach Tom Allen, Indiana got off to a quick start in 2019, with a 34-24 victory against Ball State and a 52-0 demolition of Eastern Illinois. The Hoosiers’ momentum was stopped dead in its tracks when then-No. 6 Ohio State racked up 51 points against them at home in a 41-point trouncing. Indiana got back to its winning ways the following week 38-3 over UConn.

Key offensive player:

Redshirt junior quarterback Peyton Ramsey started the year supplanted by redshirt freshman Michael Penix for his starting position, but regained it after an injury to Penix ahead of its matchup with the Buckeyes. Ramsey had just 162 yards on a 57.6 completion rate, but his performance against UConn showed that he can still make plays for the Hoosiers. Ramsey went 23-for-27 for 247 yards and three touchdowns this past Saturday. As the full-time starter in 2018, Ramsey threw for a Big Ten fourth-best 2,875 yards.

Key defensive player:

Redshirt junior defensive back Marcelino Ball returns after leading the Hoosiers in tackles for loss with 7.5 and earning an honorable mention All-Big Ten nod in 2018. His 59 tackles this past season were third on the team, and his 2.5 sacks led all non-defensive linemen. Ball can perform many different roles in Indiana’s defensive play, evidenced by his variety of statistical achievements in 2018. He’s off to a slower start in 2019 with 13 tackles and no tackles for loss or passes defended, but remains a threat. Ohio State head coach Ryan Day called him one of the best defensive backs in the Big Ten during the week leading up to the Buckeyes’ game against the Hoosiers.

Weaknesses:

Indiana ranks No. 9 in the Big Ten in rushing yards allowed per game with 127.3. Linebacker depth behind redshirt senior Raekwon Jones, the team’s leading tackler with 24 is concerning, considering the Hoosiers return no linebackers who made at least 40 stops in 2018. Linebackers traditionally make the most tackles on defense. Ohio State showed that teams with elite talent can shut down Indiana’s offense by blowing it out 51-10, with Indiana’s lone touchdown coming on a trick play.