Ohio State redshirt sophomore forward Devyn Etling (9) prepares to receive the ball from a teammate during the first half of the Ohio State-Michigan game on Oct. 2. Ohio State lost 0-2. Credit: Mackenzie Shanklin | For the Lantern

No. 10 Indiana (11-2-3, 6-1-0 Big Ten) extended Ohio State’s (6-9-1,1-5-1) losing streak to five with a dominating 5-1 victory Tuesday.

Ohio State senior midfielder Jack Holland scored his fifth goal of the season in the 77th minute to put the Buckeyes on the board with an assist from sophomore forward Luke Kiley, but it was too little too late. 

The Hoosiers had already put four goals past Ohio State redshirt senior goalkeeper Parker Siegfried, and a score from Indiana junior forward Thomas Warr just two minutes later diminished any potential of a Buckeyes comeback.   

Indiana outplayed Ohio State from start to finish, outshooting the Buckeyes 16-6, including a 9-2 shots on goal advantage. The Hoosiers picked up seven corner kick opportunities to Ohio State’s one. 

Hoosiers’ freshman forward Victor Bezerra scored twice, in the opening ten minutes of the game, and Indiana never looked back.

At the 30th minute, Indiana freshman forward Joshua Penn kicked the game further out of reach for the Buckeyes with a bottom-corner score. The Hoosiers went into the half up 3-0, but Penn wasn’t finished.

Penn netted his second of the night in the 60th minute, handing the Buckeyes their largest deficit of the season at 4-0.

Warr’s final score made it the most goals scored on Ohio State all season.

The Buckeyes’ final regular season game will take place at home Sunday at 3 p.m. against Wisconsin, where Ohio State will look for its first win since Oct. 6.