Ohio State junior defensive end Chase Young (2) and junior cornerback Jeffrey Okudah (1) celebrate after the Buckeyes force a fumble in the first half of the game against Miami (Ohio) on Sept. 21. Ohio State won 76-5. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Managing Editor for Multimedia

Chase Young will miss Ohio State’s game against Rutgers Saturday, but will return for the Buckeyes’ matchup with No. 9 Penn State Nov. 23, according to a statement from the Department of Athletics Wednesday.

Ohio State’s request for Young’s reinstatement was concluded by the NCAA, which ruled him ineligible for one more game.

Young did not play against Maryland this past Saturday following an NCAA violation for accepting a loan this past year from whom Young called a family friend in a statement on social media Friday.

“I want to thank and express my sincere gratitude to university staff members who worked so diligently and expertly to learn and understand the facts, and then to report these facts to the NCAA as part of our request to have Chase reinstated,” Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith said in the release.

Despite missing a game, Young leads the country with 13.5 sacks, which is one away from setting Ohio State’s new season record, previously held by Vernon Gholston.