Ohio State sophomore quarterback Justin Fields (1) calls out a play in the first half of the game against Penn State game on Nov. 23. Ohio State won 28-17. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Managing Editor for Multimedia

Ohio State will be well represented at ESPN’s College Football Awards on Dec. 12 in Atlanta. 

Justin Fields, Chase Young, J.K. Dobbins and Jeff Okudah have all been selected as finalists for national individual awards.

Fields, a sophomore, has been selected as a finalist for the Davey O’Brien Award, which recognizes the nation’s best quarterback. Fields has thrown for 2,353 yards and 33 touchdowns, while rushing for 445 yards and 10 touchdowns. Joining Fields in Atlanta will be LSU senior quarterback Joe Burrow and Oklahoma senior quarterback Jalen Hurts. 

Young, a junior defensive end, has been selected as a finalist for the Maxwell Award, given to college football’s top player. He’s also in the running for the Bednarik Award and Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which recognize the defensive player of the year. 

Young leads the nation with his program record 16.5 sacks, and ranks No. 2 nationally with six forced fumbles and No. 3 in tackles for loss with 19.5. Young would be the first Buckeye to win the Bednarik award.

Dobbins is a finalist for the Doak Walker Award, which is given to the best running back in college football. The junior has 1,446 yards on the year, which ranks him No. 4 nationally to go along with his 15 rushing touchdowns. 

With his 157-yard performance against Penn State, Dobbins surpassed Eddie George for third on Ohio State’s all-time rushing list. Joining Dobbins at the award show will be Oklahoma State’s Chuba Hubbard, who leads the nation with 1,832 rushing yards, and Wisconsin’s Jonathan Taylor, who ranks No. 2 with 1,685.

Okudah, the Buckeye junior cornerback, has been selected as a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, which recognizes the nation’s best defensive back. Okudah currently has 25 tackles, three interceptions, two forced fumbles, and four pass breakups. Okudah has been an integral part of the Buckeyes defense that currently ranks No. 1 in yards allowed. Joining Okudah in Atlanta will be LSU safety Grant Delpit and Georgia safety J.R. Reed.

With the Heisman Trophy finalists to be announced on Dec. 9, Young, Fields and Dobbins are still hopeful to be selected to make the trip to New York for the ceremony on Dec. 12.