University Police are investigating an incident on 11th Avenue after one person was found dead. Credit: The Lantern

A student who was found dead Friday morning at a construction site on Ohio State’s campus has been identified.

Corey Ray Bias, a third-year in political science, was identified as the student who was found dead around 6:15 a.m. at a construction site near 11th and Neil avenues, according to a university statement. The incident is believed to have occurred overnight, university spokesperson Dan Hedman said in an email.

“We send our deepest condolences to Corey’s family and friends,” the statement reads. “Our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.”

Hedman said no foul play is suspected and University Police are actively investigating what occurred.

Students who may need support can call 614-292-5766 for counseling services, according to the statement. 

Gretchen Ritter, executive dean and vice provost of the College of Art and Sciences, said in an email to students, faculty and staff that faculty and staff members can use the Employee Assistance Program to access counseling services. 

“This is a heartbreaking loss for the Ohio State community, and our thoughts are with Corey’s family and friends, and with our political science students and colleagues,” she said in the email.

The Department of Political Science is hosting an event at 2 p.m. in Derby Hall, Room 2078, for anyone seeking support, according to Ritter’s email.

An email was sent to students in the Politics, Society and Law scholars program, of which Bias was a part.

“Corey was a presence all his own. He was funny and kind, and he will be missed,” Kevin Freeman, the scholar group adviser said in an email.

Additional counseling services are being held in Residence on 10th, the dorm in which Bias lived this year. A counselor is there until 3 p.m., according to Freeman’s email.

This story was updated on Jan. 17 at 1:55 p.m. with new information and will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.