a

Ohio State junior forward Emma Maltais (17) moves the puck down the ice during the Ohio State-Minnesota game on Nov.15. Ohio State won 3-1. Credit: Mackenzie Shanklin | For the Lantern

Winners of six of its last seven, Ohio State women’s hockey will play two more games at home before hitting the road for a four-game stint.

Bemidji State (14-12-2, 8-9-1-0 WCHA) comes to Columbus, Ohio, for a two-game set with No. 5 Ohio State (16-6-4, 9-4-3) Friday and Saturday.

While the Beavers’ record hovers around .500, they’re one of two teams to beat reigning national champion No. 1 Wisconsin this season.

“Bemidji is always a hard team to play,” junior goaltender Lynsey Wallace said. “They’re always working hard for every single puck, and we know we can’t take a single shift off against them.”

Ohio State is coming off back-to-back wins over Quinnipiac, against which Buckeye underclassmen accounted for four of the five series goals. With the victories, the Buckeyes have accumulated four sweeps this season.

The Buckeyes won both games against Bemidji State in a Nov. 1 and 2 series, the first game requiring a regulation comeback and game-winning overtime goal.

Ohio State head coach Nadine Muzerall said that since the Buckeyes have last matched with Bemidji State, their shot confidence has increased. Ohio State averages 33.8 shots per game and 3.2 goals per game.

“Our second and third unit really has been bringing it,” Muzerall said. “They know what to do, and we’ve had a lot of goals from multiple players. Now what’s interesting for the opponent is they have to shut down all three of our lines now.”

The Beavers hosted conference opponent Minnesota State in their previous series, tying the first game 1-1 before a 3-1 victory in Game 2.

Bemidji State junior forward Clair DeGeorge came up big, scoring two goals 11 seconds apart in the Beavers’ win.

“We know she’s a player that we’ll have to continue to watch,” Muzerall said. “Our [defense] is used to that speed. They’re very strong and have such great skating. If we’re playing positionally well, we’ll be able to shut her down.”

The series will commence at 6:07 p.m. Friday and close out starting at 3:07 p.m. Saturday.