A burglary was reported to Columbus Police as having occurred at 10 a.m. Feb. 18 on Tuller Street near Frambes Avenue. According to the online police log, the suspect entered the victim’s residence through unknown means and entered the victim’s bedroom while she was inside. The victim asked the suspect who he was and he responded that he was from the construction site next door and said he was looking for marijuana. The victim yelled at the suspect to leave, and the suspect asked for marijuana again, then left. According to the statement, nothing appeared to be taken and police were unable to identify the suspect at the stated construction site. 

A burglary attempt was reported to Columbus Police as having occurred at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday on East 14th Avenue near North Fourth Street. According to the online police log, unknown suspects attempted to open the locked front door, then went to the side door and the victim was able to lock it just seconds before they attempted to open it. The victim stated the suspects went back to the front door and said they were the victim’s brother. The victim then looked through the peephole and saw suspects hiding on either side of the door. The suspects continued banging on the door and eventually left.

A theft from a motor vehicle was reported to Columbus Police as having occurred at 7:39 a.m. Thursday on East 13th Avenue near North Fourth Street. According to the online police log, the victim stated that an unknown suspect gained entry to his blue Acura by smashing out his driver’s side window and stole a laptop and cellphone.

A rape was reported to University Police as having occurred between 1:45 and 4 a.m. Friday at Halloran House.

A burglary was reported to Columbus Police as having occurred between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Friday on King Avenue near North High Street. According to the online police report, an unknown suspect(s) entered the victim’s residence through the unlocked back door and stole about $2,450 of property, including a laptop, speaker and gaming devices.

A robbery was reported to Columbus Police as having occurred at 11:19 p.m. Friday on East 11th Avenue near North High Street. The suspect approached the victim and physically assaulted her and attempted to take her phone. The victim defended herself, causing the suspect to flee the scene. The suspect was later apprehended by police and taken in for questioning.

A burglary was reported to University Police as having occurred between 9:30 and 10 a.m. Sunday at the Blackwell Inn.

A motor vehicle theft was reported to Columbus Police as having occurred at 9:19 p.m. Sunday on West Lane Avenue near Neil Avenue. According to the online police log, the victim was working as an Uber driver delivering food and returned to find his vehicle missing after dropping off food at an apartment building.