a

Ohio State then-freshman attackman Jack Myers (2) looks for open teammates during their match against Rutgers at Ohio Stadium Mar. 31. Ohio State lost 6-14. Credit: Willow Mollenkopf | For The Lantern

After an upset loss to unranked UMass this past Saturday, Ohio State men’s lacrosse got back in the win column. 

Eight unanswered goals led the No. 19 Buckeyes (3-1) to a 15-11 victory against Bucknell (3-1) Saturday in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. 

Faceoffs were key for the Buckeyes’ win, as junior midfielder Justin Inacio returned from injury to go 14-for-24 on faceoffs in his first game of the season.

Sophomore attackman Jack Myers led the Buckeye attack, scoring four goals with four assists to put his season total at 22 points. Senior attackman Tre Leclaire added four goals of his own to extend his team-leading tally to 13.  

Junior attackman Jackson Reid added three goals and an assist. 

The Buckeyes scored first with a goal off the opening faceoff from Inacio. 

But the Bison rattled off four straight goals to gain the lead with two goals each from sophomore attackman Alston Tarry and junior attackman Tommy Sopko. 

Ohio State struck back with two goals, the first each from Myers and Reid to end the first quarter down just 4-3. 

The Buckeyes jumped out to a 9-4 lead to start the second quarter, capping an 8-0 scoring tear. 

Junior attackman Colby Smith, a Pennsylvania native, opened the second-quarter streak with his first goal of the season. 

A late comeback push from Bucknell brought the game within two with less than 10 minutes remaining, but the Buckeyes scored three of the next four goals to hold the Bison off and secure the victory.

The Bison were led by Sopko with four goals and an assist and senior attackman Will Yorke with three goals.

Ohio State redshirt junior goalie Josh Kirson made 13 saves in the game for his third straight double-digit save performance.

The Buckeyes return to Ohio Stadium for a March 1 matchup against Cornell. The game starts at noon.