a

Ohio State redshirt junior safety Jahsen Wint and junior cornerback Amir Riep were arrested on charges of rape and kidnapping Tuesday, Feb. 11. Credit: Courtesy of the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department

A day after being arrested and charged with first-degree felony counts of rape and kidnapping, Amir Riep and Jahsen Wint have been dismissed by the Ohio State football team, according to a statement from head coach Ryan Day Wednesday.

Riep and Wint, former Buckeye defensive backs, are currently being held at the Franklin County Correctional Center, where they await an arraignment hearing scheduled for 9 a.m. Thursday, the arrest record states.

“I have dismissed Amir Riep and Jahsen Wint from our football program. I am not making any statement on the criminal charges, but it is clear they did not live up to our standards and my expectations,” Day said in the statement. “The athletics department will make sure they both continue to have access to the health and well-being resources available to students and student-athletes. Due to the ongoing criminal investigation, I will not be commenting further.”

According to an affidavit filed by the Columbus Police Department Tuesday, the incident is alleged to have occurred at approximately 9:45 p.m. on Feb. 4 at 2330 Sawmill Place Blvd., when a 19-year-old woman and Riep began having consensual sex.

The woman “stopped and moved away after a brief time stating she did not want to continue.” The affidavit said Wint entered the room, and Riep asked if he could join. According to the complaint, Riep then grabbed the woman by the neck, forced her onto her hands and knees and raped her.

Riep then held her in place while Wint forced oral penetration, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit said Riep recorded a video of the woman and told her to say it was consensual while she was crying and he laughed at her. The statement said Riep then drove the victim back to her residence.

Riep appeared in 13 games for Ohio State during the 2019 season as a backup defensive back, while Wint appeared in all 14 filling mostly special teams roles.