Ohio State announced public forums for the presidential search will take place over the next two weeks. | Credit: Lantern file photo

Ohio State plans to have a replacement for University President Michael V. Drake by July, according to a university press release.  

The advisory sub-committee of the presidential search will begin gathering public input this month through public forums and an engagement tool similar to the one used in the previous search, Ohio State announced Thursday.

The university will hold three public forums on campus over the next two weeks to solicit feedback about the “qualities, skills, attributes and experiences” the university community is looking for in the next president, according to an Ohio State press release. 

The forums will be hosted by search committee chair and trustee Lewis Von Thaer and advisory sub-committee co-chair Susan Olesik.

“Susan and I, and all of our search committee members, look forward to an inclusive dialogue to help find the next great leader for Ohio State,” Von Thaer said in the release.

The university also announced the expected timeline for working with Isaacson, Miller, a Boston-based talent search firm, in the selection process.

Isaacson, Miller is slated to begin screening applicants in March, interviewing in April and will present an offer to the top candidate by May, according to the release. However, the release said the timeline may change throughout the process.

The university will pay Isaacson, Miller $343,333 in addition to approved expenses to complete the search, according to the release.

When searching for Drake, the university paid executive search firm R. William Funk and Associates a base fee of $200,000, according to previous Lantern reporting. Additional expenses, including background research on candidates, paid to the firm totaled $31,272.

The online engagement tool is meant to gather input and comments on qualities and experiences desired in the next president, according to the release. Candidate nominations can also be submitted through the online tool.

The online component of the search is similar to the one used in the search for Drake. According to previous Lantern reporting, online nominations from that search included notable names, including former Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, former President Bill Clinton,  former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Bill Nye the Science Guy.

The public forums will take place from 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Biomedical Research Tower Room 115; from 2 to 3 p.m. Feb. 14 in Thompson Library Multipurpose Room 165; and from 2 to 3 p.m. Feb. 19 in the Ohio Union U.S. Bank Conference Theater.

Forums will also take place at Ohio State’s regional campuses, including the Marion campus in Maynard Hall Tuesday from 12:30-1:30 p.m; the Mansfield campus in Ovalwood Hall on Feb. 20 from 2:00-3:00 p.m; the Lima campus in the Perry Webb Student Life Building on Feb. 25 from 12:15-1:15 p.m.; and the Newark campus in Hopewell Hall on Feb. 26 from 8:30-9:30 a.m.

This story was updated Feb. 13 at 9:50 a.m. with regional campus information. 

This story was updated Feb. 16 at 12:07 p.m. with Newark campus information.