Ohio State then-sophomore midfielder Alli Beekhuizen (3) stares down the Michigan attack player at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. Ohio State lost 10-15 to the Wolverines on March 21. Credit: Gretchen Rudolph | For The Lantern

Ohio State women’s lacrosse has opened its season with back to back victories on its home field.

The Buckeyes (2-0) toppled the Colonials (0-1) 13-8 at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, giving Ohio State its second win under first-year head coach Amy Bokker.

Six different players scored two goals for the Buckeyes.

With the game tied 4-4, Ohio State junior midfielder Ali Beekhuizen scored the Buckeyes’ fifth goal, establishing a lead that would last the remainder of the game.

Following Beekhuizen’s lead-taking goal, freshman attackman Nicole Ferrara scored to give the Buckeyes a 6-4 halftime lead.

Sophomore midfielder Clare Johnston opened the second half with a goal, and after a response from Robert Morris senior attackman Melanie Gandy, the Buckeyes rattled off four more scores consecutively to cap a game-securing 7-1 run.

“After scoring a few goals in a row, you can really feel the momentum go up,” Hernandez said.

Robert Morris senior midfielder Meghan Crouse and senior attackman Mackenzie Gandy scored the first two goals of the game before Ohio State junior attackman Sophie Baez sniped home the first goal for the Buckeyes.

“We need to come out with more energy and enthusiasm,” Bokker said. “It’s a matter of freeing our mind and being able to execute plays.”

The Buckeyes continued to push as Johnston, senior midfielder Liza Hernandez and freshman midfielder Janie Cowley piled on goals to capture a 4-2 Ohio State lead.

“In the beginning we came out a little slow, but I think we really brought it in and figured out what things needed to be changed,” Hernandez said. “Our goal was to come out and set the tone and I feel like we fell a little short of that.”

The Colonials battle back to tie the score at 4-4 after freshman midfielder Colleen Tift and sophomore midfielder Emilie Kim each scored.

“We lost our discipline a little bit in our play,” Bokker said. “Going forward we need to worry about our execution and the things we’re doing.”

Robert Morris senior goalie Katelyn Miller put up a fight against the Buckeyes offense, totaling 13 saves.

“We just keep shooting; you’ve got to shoot to score,” Bokker said. “I just wanted them to be aggressive to the net.”

Ohio State continues its season at home against Kent State at 7 p.m. Wednesday.