Ohio State senior midfielder Liza Hernandez (12) does a spin move to fake out a defender and set up a shot on goal during the second half of the game against Robert Morris. Ohio State won 13-8. Credit: John Huether | For The Lantern

Ohio State women’s lacrosse suffered its second loss of the 2020 season Sunday.

The Buckeyes (4-2) were toppled by No. 2 Notre Dame (4-0) 18-7 in Indiana.

Notre Dame freshman midfielder Kasey Choma nearly outscored Ohio State by herself, netting six goals for the Fighting Irish. Junior midfielder Andie Aldave added four more.

Senior midfielder Liza Hernandez was the leading scorer for Ohio State, with three goals. Three other Buckeyes helped contribute to the team’s seven goal total.

Hernandez scored the game’s opening goal, one of two early leads Ohio State held Sunday.

The Fighting Irish took control of the game with a seven-goal run that started at the end of the first half and stretched through the opening 10 minutes of the second. Choma recorded three of her scores in the run, and by the time Ohio State freshman attackman Nicole Ferrara responded, the Buckeyes trailed 12-6.

Notre Dame proceeded to enter another four-goal run.

Prior to the first Notre Dame scoring tear, the Buckeyes and Irish were neck and neck, with five ties and three lead changes in the opening 22 minutes.

Hernandez, Ferrara and sophomore midfielder Chloe Johnson all scored in the early going, with the last of Hernandez’s goals tying the game at 5-5.

Ohio State senior goalie Jill Rizzo saved four shots in a one-minute span, but her 11 saves were not enough to quell the Fighting Irish attack.

The Buckeyes will continue their season on the road against UMass at 1 p.m. March 1.