""

The Ohio State Baseball team stands in the dugout during the Ohio State-Northwestern game on May 30, 2021. Ohio State lost 8-2. Credit: Mackenzie Shanklin | Lantern File photo

Texas Christian University associate head coach Bill Mosiello will become the next head coach of Ohio State’s baseball team, the athletic department announced Thursday.

Mosiello spent the last nine seasons at TCU and has more than 35 years of coaching experience both at the college and professional levels.

“I am incredibly excited to lead the Ohio State baseball program,” Mosiello said in a release. “I have been blessed to have had a lot of great experiences throughout my career, and the opportunity to come to such a prestigious school like Ohio State and work with tremendous student-athletes and staff is something I am truly excited about.”

Mosiello will take over the Buckeyes’ program after they parted ways with former head coach Greg Beals May 23, following a 20-30 record last season and missing the postseason for the second-straight year.

While with the Horned Frogs, Mosiello and TCU appeared in seven NCAA Tournaments, including four-straight trips to the College World Series from 2014-17. Mosiello has made 16 postseason appearances and advanced to the CWS in Omaha five times.

TCU led the Big 12 in several offensive categories under Mosiello, including two seasons atop the conference batting leaders, and ranked second across all Power 5 programs with more than 800 stolen bases. The Horned Frogs won the conference championship in seven out of the nine seasons while Mosiello coached.

“Bill is a great leader and one of the most respected coaches in collegiate baseball,” athletic director Gene Smith said in the release. “He’s passionate about the game and his players, and I look forward to him bringing his energy to Ohio State.”

Mosiello also has served as an assistant coach at Arizona State, Auburn and Tennessee among seven total Power 5 programs since his coaching career began in 1987.

At the professional level, Mosiello has six seasons as a minor league manager under his belt, coaching within the New York Yankees organization from 2003-06 and the Los Angeles Angels from 2009-11.

Among notable players he’s coached include three-time MVP and Angels outfielder Mike Trout and former No. 1 pick Phil Nevin when Mosiello worked at Cal State Fullerton.