Julian Lage. Credit: Courtesy of Justin Camerer

The Wexner Center for the Arts will host the critically acclaimed acoustic guitar stylings of Julian Lage this Wednesday.

Lage has been a student of his craft since the age of 4 and was the subject of an Oscar-nominated documentary short, “Jules at Eight.

Now, at 27, he has had a full career. The jazz guitarist has been featured on numerous recordings, collaborated with the likes of Gary Burton and Nels Cline, and received a Grammy nomination for his debut album, “Sounding Point.

It might seem like Lage has done it all, but he recently completed a first a solo album titled “World’s Fair.”

It has always been a dream of mine to make a solo album,” Lage said. “Two heads are better than one. And so, the solo thing is tricky. When you play solo music, you can do a lot less.

Lage described the album’s production as a good experience, adding that he would like the listener to come away from the work satisfied from a mechanical point of view.”

The album was released this February, and Lage has been on tour to support it since April. He has played in both large concert halls and small, intimate spaces.

They are both very different,” Lage said. “I like the variety.

When asked what advice he has for college-aged artists, he says to be cognizant of the beautiful dichotomy of what is within and outside of the self.

In one, strive for what you want. Have goals and dreams,” he said. “But by the same token, you already have everything you ever need.

Julian Lage will be performing at the Wexner Center this Wednesday at 8 p.m. Admission is $13 for students, $19 for members and $22 for general.