A car accident near campus Tuesday led to an assault where one of the women involved choked the other.

According to police reports, a 20-year-old woman was driving near East 11th Avenue and North Sixth Street at 1:22 p.m. when she caused an accident with another car. When she got out of her car, the female driver of the other vehicle began to yell and push her against the car, briefly choking her.

When the victim broke free and called the police, the alleged assaulter got into her car and drove away, even though the accident wasn’t her fault.

Woman bitten by roommate during assault

A dispute among roommates at a Hamlet Street home Tuesday afternoon led to an assault that left the victim with teeth marks on her arm and abrasions on her face.

According to reports, an 18-year-old woman was involved in an argument over money with her male roommate when she walked away from the fight and went to her room. She reported that he followed her to her room and began to hit her while she was sitting on her bed.

When the victim hit back, her roommate bit her forearm and forehead and struck her in the face during the struggle. The woman was able to get free and call police, but her roommate had already fled when officers arrived.

Police observed marks on her face and teeth marks on her arm, but the woman’s roommate has not yet been charged.

Food strewn across apartment during burglary

An East 11th Avenue apartment was burglarized sometime between Monday night and Tuesday afternoon, but nothing was reported stolen from the home.

The 24-year-old resident reported that someone kicked in the rear door to her apartment, spread food all over the rooms, flipped her television and broke a window.

Nothing was reported stolen and there are no suspects in the burglary.

Student reports stolen handgun

An Ohio State reported that someone burglarized his East 15th Avenue home Monday afternoon and stole his handgun.

The student reported that someone broke in by removing a window screen and stole the gun, a semi-automatic Smith & Wesson valued at $300. There are no suspects listed in the burglary.

Compiled by Collin Binkley