Play ‘Em

David Garrard (Jacksonville): Garrard is looking to build off his Week 8 performance, when he threw for 260 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions. This week, Garrard faces a Texans pass defense that allows an average of 25 fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks, the most in the league. Mike Sims-Walker and Marcedes Lewis are good plays in this favorable matchup as well.

Joe Flacco (Baltimore): For those of you looking for Flacco to break out, this could be the week. Flacco is facing a Falcons pass defense that is ranked 26th in the league and has given up eight touchdowns to opposing quarterbacks in its last three games. Since Week 3, Flacco has thrown 11 touchdowns against one interception.

Jahvid Best (Detroit): Best is a solid option this week. His toe injury is a concern, but Buffalo, Detroit’s opponent this week, allows the second-most fantasy points to opposing running backs and is dead last in rushing yards allowed per game (178). Best is a solid No. 2 fantasy running back this week based on the Bills’ poor run defense.

Steve Johnson (Buffalo): The Bills might be winless, but one bright spot has been their passing game. Last week against Chicago, Johnson had 11 catches for 145 yards. Johnson is a must-start against a Lions defense that allowed a total of 192 receiving yards and a touchdown to Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards last week.

Bench ‘Em

Tom Brady (New England): Brady is battling a foot sprain and regardless of health, is a low-end No. 1 fantasy option this week against the Steelers. Pittsburgh allows 13 fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks in standard leagues. Until someone steps up in the passing game, Brady’s numbers will continue to be mediocre.

Donovan McNabb (Washington): Last week, McNabb threw for 210 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Expect similar numbers against the Eagles. McNabb has yet to throw multiple touchdowns in a game this season and is facing an Eagles defense that allows 215 passing yards per game. It’s hard to trust a quarterback that is lost in the play-calling and gets replaced with Rex Grossman.

Any Indianapolis Colts running back: It’s been a revolving door in Indy with the running back situation. Joseph Addai and Mike Hart are still banged up, which means Donald Brown should get the start, but Javarris James should continue to get goal-line carries. Peyton Manning will dictate the direction of the offense, giving his running backs a back seat. Last week against Philadelphia, the Colts ran the ball 19 times and threw 52 times. Save yourself a headache, stay away from the Colts’ backfield.

Knowshon Moreno (Denver): Moreno’s hamstring injury seems to be all right but until he shows he can be a dependable back, keep Moreno on the bench. In Week 8 against the 49ers, Moreno rushed for 40 yards. This week, Moreno faces a top-10 Chiefs run defense led by linebacker Derrick Johnson.

Steve Smith (Carolina): Smith’s value is hurting because of the inconsistency at quarterback. Last week, Smith had one catch for nine yards. That kind of production will continue with either Tony Pike or Jimmy Clausen starting. Smith hasn’t scored in six games and is a risky play from here on out.