Ohio State tailback Jaamal Berry was charged with assault, battery and disorderly conduct Wednesday, according to court documents filed by the City of Columbus.

The charges are based on an incident that occurred Oct. 21 at 2:20 a.m. on Vine Street, in the Arena District, involving Berry and a 21-year-old male.

An arraignment hearing has been scheduled for Dec. 1, according to court documents.

The alleged victim filed a civil lawsuit against Berry Oct. 27, for assault, battery and ethnic intimidation. The plaintiff, who requested anonymity, was “struck in the face with a closed fist,” according to the Columbus police report.

According to a statement from the OSU department of athletics, Berry is suspended from the OSU football team “for violating the university’s student-athlete code of conduct.”

OSU will not be providing legal assistance for Berry.

“The Ohio State Dept. of Athletic can only provide legal assistance in the cases where eligibility is at issue,” Emig said in an email.

On Sept. 28, Berry was involved in what an OSU police report described as an “assault” on another student. Berry was admitted and released from the OSU Medical Center and no charges were filed. In this incident, two males were witnessed “wrestling on the ground” in the South Oval, according to a police report.

In 2009, Berry was arrested on a marijuana possession charge in Miami, Fla.

Berry dressed for the Michigan State game on Oct. 1, the first game after his Sept. 28 incident. He was also dressed for the Wisconsin game on Oct. 29, the first game after he was named in a lawsuit for the second incident.