There’s no doubt about it: Lady Gaga is one talented woman.

Behind the foo-foo outfits, the wigs, the dance beats and Dr. Seuss-inspired shoes, Gaga is a classically trained musician who can sing like few others.

This may be the reason why ABC decided to give the royal Gaga her own 90-minute Thanksgiving special, “A Very Gaga Thanksgiving,” which aired at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 24.

While the idea of spending one of my favorite holidays watching Lady Gaga perform wasn’t on the top of my bucket list, it definitely wasn’t an unpleasant experience.

Gaga performed stripped down versions of some of her hits, including “Born This Way,” “Edge of Glory,” “Bad Romance” and her duet with Tony Bennett, “The Lady is a Tramp.”

Personally, I hate most Gaga songs. Overproduction covers up everything that’s good about her and it makes her sound like she’s a no-talented artist who relies too much on auto-tune.

But nearly everything Gaga performed Thursday was stripped down: just her and her piano, and it was glorious. There is quite literally nothing better in the music industry than Gaga and her piano.

There was a little more to Gaga on Thanksgiving than just music. She visited a group of third-graders from her old school in New York, Sacred Heart.

It was a very touching moment to see somebody as eccentric as Gaga tone it down and act normal with kids. It was definitely a pleasant change.

Another part of the show saw Gaga cooking deep-fried turkey and waffles with celebrity chef Art Smith, fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) sans an apron made of raw meat.

The final part of the show featured the singer’s sit down with Katie Couric to talk about everything from her music to her relationships. This, unfortunately, didn’t add much to the show.

In fact, the show as a whole seemed a tad over-the-top, but that’s not surprising seeing as how it was produced by Gaga, who was extremely conservative herself, which was odd.

All of that aside, I must reiterate that the music Gaga performed was wonderful and I’ll soon be scouring the Internet to find where I can download versions of those songs.

Though I’m not ready to include Gaga in my usual mix of Macy’s parades, Charlie Brown Thanksgivings and Pedigree dog shows, I can say that her special is likely one many people liked, even if she didn’t enter in an egg.