At age 72, most people have left their profession for retirement. Instead, Judy Collins decided it was time to release a new album.

Collins, along with special guest Kenny White, will perform as part of “Judy Collins: Home for the Holidays” at the Lincoln Theatre at 8 p.m. Dec. 5.

“I’ll be singing some of the songs that have made me famous and I’ll be able to sing a lot of the hits of course, like ‘Amazing Grace,’ which is always good for the holidays or any time,” Collins said.

Her new album features a few songs which she said come straight from the heart, including “In The Twilight,” which Collins wrote for her mother who passed away in December 1994.

“You always think that’s too young,” Collins said.

Her modern twist on folk has kept her in the music business since she made her debut at age 13.

Although set to be an event celebrating her music, Collins has a few other accomplishments she doesn’t want to ignore.

“This year is kind of an exciting year for me because I have many things to celebrate in the ‘Home for the Holidays’ event,” Collins said.

This includes the release of her memoir this past October, “Sweet Judy Blue Eyes,” and  her children’s book, “When You Wish Upon A Star.”     

The memoir describes her personal struggles, relationships she’s had throughout the years, including Joan Baez, and of course, music.

Collins said one of the songs she’s excited to perform is the classic “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.”

Even though she’ll spend much of the holiday season on the road for performances, Collins said she wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I love being on the road and working wherever I am,” she said.

Students have differing opinions on the performance.

Jake Schaffner, a fourth-year in hospitality management, said this type of music interests him, but is unsure of the type of performance attraction.

“I think people would be more interested in Broadway shows at this time than Christmas specialties,” Schaffner said.

Lindsey Blackstone, a third-year in journalism, agreed that the type of performance sounded unique and appealing.

“Everything is Christmas-oriented right now. To see something different would be a nice change of pace,” Blackstone said. “It’s awesome that she’s older and still doing performances.”

Tickets for this event are $40 at the ticket office or at Ticketmaster. Tickets are available for $5 for those between the ages of 13 and 19.