Screaming Urge knows old habits die hard.

The band, formed in 1978 by guitarist Michael Ravage, will be holding a re-release show for several of its previous albums, scheduled for 9:45 p.m. Saturday at Ace of Cups.

“This is most likely our last show ever,” he said.

Screaming Urge was part of the “punk movement” that started in Columbus in the late 1970s and early 1980s, Ravage said.

“In ’79, punks were few and far between, so I had to hire an old hippie to be a bass player until I found someone,” he said.

In 1979, Ravage found bassist Myke Rock, who is the current bass player for Screaming Urge. Rock was 16 years old at the time.

“It was fun,” Rock said about being 16 years old and part of a band. “In my heart, I’ve always been a punk.”

Screaming Urge refers to itself as part of the original punk music movement.

“When we were first doing it. It was actually anti-commercialism,” Rock said. “Punk bands today are no different then Celine Dion in terms of wanting to sell massive records.”

Rock cited Green Day as an example of what today’s generation considers punk music.

During its five years as a band, Screaming Urge opened a show for The Ramones at what is now Newport Music Hall.

“The Ramones were very nice to us, we thought,” Ravage said. “It was Johnny (Ramone’s) birthday so they trashed their dressing room. They came to us and said, ‘Hey, would you want to switch dressing rooms?’ (Rock) talked to them and said, ‘You’re The Ramones, so, yeah.'”

Rock said the show was “supreme,” and Ravage said the group was happy to not be booed off the stage.

After breaking up in 1982, Screaming Urge’s members continued to remain in the music business.

Ravage moved to New York City to play with Band of Susans, Rock made his way to Los Angeles and the band’s drummer went on to become a part of the band the Great Plains.

Screaming Urge got back together to play a reunion show in June. Rock said it was his favorite show.

“If last year is any indication, we’re playing better now than we ever have,” Rock said.

Bands Thee Sound Now and The Suicide Ghouls are scheduled to open for Screaming Urge Saturday.

Drummer and vocalist Mike Johnson, also known as Mad Mike, of The Suicide Ghouls, said the band is excited to play a show with Screaming Urge.

“It’s really cool to have a mixture of some of the newer bands coming out with some of the originators of the music,” he said.

Ravage said he hopes for “rowdiness” Saturday.

“Trash the place, burn the building,” Ravage said with a smile. “Complete anarchy would be very cool.”

Rock said he does not encourage vandalism.

“I do,” Ravage said, laughing. “Bring your spray paint.”

There will be a cover charge of $5.